Tuesday, June 3, 2008

An assortment of things



Can you believe this picture? Yes my friends this is a real picture depicting a drunk driver plowing through a peleton of cyclists during a race in Mexico this sunday. Thankfully there was only one fatality, however, 10 people did get injured. Read the full article here. This has not been a very good year for us roadies and triathletes peddling on the streets. From cops falling asleep at the wheel to drunk drivers, seems like all you four-wheeled vehicle operators are out to get us! It's a wonder I still ride on the roads. People make fun of the amount of caution I sometimes take when riding but hey, if being cautious means being alive and healthy well then you call me Safety Sue.


On a completely different subject, word on the street is that he said, that she said, that the 2nd generation Iphone (drool) is supposed to be launched on June 9th. That's muh burfday! I turn a quarter of a century old that day! Birthday present anyone? haha. Maybe I'll just get myself a quarter life crisis consolation present if no one else gets it for me.

Also, I've been a very good little girl and have been trying my best to follow my triathlon training plans for this week that I outlined on sunday. I did modify the workouts and shortened a couple of them cuz I've been feeling really worn out this week. Gotta listen to the body you know. If she tells me "don't do it!don't do it! no mas! no mas" I have to comply. My legs have been pretty dead since sunday's run so even though I plan on following the schedule, I'll be shortening some of the work outs or decreasing the level of intensity to ease back into the schedule. Consistency is the key to success here. All right, so here's what I've done so far.

Sunday: Short swim (1000-1200, forgot to keep track) and 3.6 mile Chill run in 38 min

Monday: 12 mi ride (planned 14-17mi but it was crazy windy out!) then yoga immediately after(which kicked my butt, it's not all stretching people, lots of power moves)

Tuesday: 1200m swim then 2.7mi run with 5 20-30s long accelerations (planned to do speed workout but legs just didn't have it in them)

Alright, now I'm off to bed. Gotta wake up for a bike/run brick. I need to make a glossary of triathlon terms and post it here so that whenever I refer to a triathlon specific term, I can refer y'all to it and not assume you know what I'm talking about. Maybe I'll do that tomorrow. For now, brick means a back to back workout. so a bike-run brick means i bike, then i run immediately after i bike, like within 2-3min. Triathlon involves 3 back to back sports so it's crucial to practice these, esp the bike-run transition,to prep for the race.

Okay now I'm really off to bed. Gosh I can talk forever. G'night y'all!

Azra